Wednesday 13 December 2017

REVIEW - Suaoki Compact 5 Port Multi Desktop USB Charger

Cables. Cables, Cables.


We live in a world of tech and gadgets. If you're like me, you'll have to charge a plethora of devices on a daily basis - from phones, to tablets, MiFi dongles and fitness bands, we seem to keep adding devices to our lifestyles - and adding new chargers to our plug sockets with every device we own. There's never enough plug sockets either. It's bad enough at home where multi-gang extensions occupy every corner, nook and cranny, looking untidy, and let's not even get started on the safety aspect of all those tangled cables. It's even worse when travelling - having to make do with a single socket when out and about or staying in hotel, and having to carry an array of cables in your bag.


I love technology that can solve a problem or improve my current setup and that's why I looked to the Suaoki Compact Multi Port USB Intelligent charger to do just that.

Forget those cumbersome multi-gangs - this device is small. I mean, really small. It's about credit card size and no thicker than a pack of cards. In essence, that makes the device smaller than just 1 of my chargers. But here's the rub - this tiny device packs a lot of power and can in fact charge 5 (FIVE) devices simultaneously via the 5 USB ports on the front.


Now, i'm not saying this device is unique in that respect. There are plenty of multi-chargers out there for you to look at. However, the Suaoki Compact Multi Port USB Intelligent charger is the smallest, lightest compact intelligent charger on the market which gives it somewhat of a strong advantage over the competition.

Design wise, it's a lovely little item with a glossy finish, so it won't look out of place fitting in with the decor in your house. It's well built, and has a series of safety credentials giving you peace of mind on the quality of the device.


So, what makes this device 'intelligent'? Well, the Suaoki Compact charger has TIR-C Technology. In a nutshell, that means the device identifies the items you have plugged in to each of the USB ports and adapts the charging levels to suit - speeding up the charging in the process. Pretty neat. Fast charging is alright in my book.

I almost forgot to mention my FAVOURITE thing about the device - and it's not something that Suaoki have done but rather something they didn't do. So many devices are riddled with LEDs. My girlfriend bought a double European adaptor to take on holiday with us. It has a massive green LED on the front. I'm a light sleeper. It's hard enough to sleep in a strange hotel bedroom. Blacking out the room helps. When charging our devices, the adaptor she bought grows green with a brightness intensity of Kryptonite. Some multi-chargers would have gone over the top and put an individual LED for each socket to let you know when it is in use. I KNOW when the socket is in use - I have a cable attached to it and a device connected. My phone/tablet or whatever device I am charging will tell me on the screen that it's charging. I don't need another indicator, lighting up my room like Blackpool illuminations. So fair play to Suaoki for not falling into this trap and making this device subtle but very effective.

So to summarise:

The Pros:

Great design
Compact and lightweight
Intelligent TIR-C technology for efficient, fast charging
No LEDs!!

The Cons:

It's not really a negative of the device, but it would have been nice if the device came with some USB cables. I know that would raise the price, and most people have a lot of USB cables at home but the average USB cable with a charger is about a metre long. To maximise the neatness of your setup when using this device, some short (20-30cm) USB cables would be perfect. I guess i'll have to pick them up separately.


All in all, the Suaoki Compact Multi Port USB Intelligent a great little device that will go a long way towards improving your setup both and home or on the go, that will fit easily and subtly into your way of working without breaking the bank

My only problem? I only have one. I could use one in my sitting room, my bedroom and in my bag to use on my travels. Looks like it's time to place another order!


(The views expressed in this post are entirely my own. While I received the product for free for the purpose of testing it and reviewing it, I was under no obligation to provide a positive review and my opinions are based on my own, honest assessment of the product.)

2 comments: