Sunday 17 December 2017

Christmas is coming.

We've not been feeling very festive yet. I had hoped that baby would be here significantly before Christmas but he's keeping us waiting. They do say that you shouldn't open your presents before Christmas. Well, the best present we will receive this year seems to have been very well wrapped and is not ready for opening yet.

We hadn't even thought about putting up the tree or hanging any decorations yet. S was unsure whether we should bother. Save the space for all the baby items that will soon be getting put to good use.

I was actually going to make the house festive for her returning from the hospital. I thought it would be a nice surprise. But baby continues to keep us waiting, Christmas is just over a week away and it was time to finally embrace that fact. 

The tree is up and some decorations have been hung. Christmas is coming. I did say I wouldn't start my Christmas shopping until baby was here. I may have to reassess that pledge if he doesn't arrive soon. 

It's only been up for a few hours, but i'm regretting not buying a new tree this year. Don't get me wrong, I love our gold glitter tipped tree, but when you are trying to get the house as clean as possible before baby's arrival, a glitter tipped tree is not the best idea. When I say the glitter gets everywhere, i mean everywhere.

As you can see, my tree decorating skills leave a lot to be desired. I'll describe it as an attempt at organised chaos but that might be a little bit generous. There was some attempt to make it presentable at least.

So, Christmas has arrived at our house as we await more arrivals. He may be late, but i'm sure baby will still be making his arrival before Santa does.

1 comment: