Friday 23 February 2018

I Love Curling

Has anyone else totally fallen in love with the sport of Curling?

Winter sports are not really my thing but the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang have been on in the background most days and i'm trying to follow the sports as best I can. Having visited Seoul in South Korea last year, maybe that has given it a little extra interest for me. It was a wonderful country to visit and i'm very jealous of everyone in attendance at the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.

I won't lie, on many of the sports, i'm watching in the hope of seeing a face plant rather than a textbook landing, but one sport has got me gripped - Curling.

The tension, the facial expressions, the screaming down the ice - it's captivating. Unfortunately, Eve Muirhead and the girls didn't quite manage to make it to the gold medal match (losing out to a very impressive Swedish team) but hopefully they can secure a bronze in the third place playoff.

The Garlic Girls, otherwise known as the South Korean curling team, have captured the hearts of the world and have given South Korea a new sporting obsession when most of the population probably hadn't even heard of Curling before the Olympics began. They will face Sweden in the final and like many who have been enthralled by their efforts, i'll be cheering them on in the final.

S has been pleased this week as she has witnessed me reaching for the Samsung robot vacuum cleaner and the Dyson slim more often. The question is - have i been doing extra cleaning or am I in training for Beijing 2022?

Watch the video and decide for yourself!

4 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed watching Curling, dont really understand all the rules, but it is exciting to watch and will be watching our girls play today

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried it, but it does look like good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ love it my dad likes watching it we took the Mickey out of him so he sent a message back saying he was watching curling but had been removed from the hairdressers ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete